Wednesday 20 December 2006

Added Boswelox

I wonder if you have enjoyed, as I have, the televisual treat which is the Mandle Candle advertisement?

When is a candle more than a candle? When it's a Mandle Candle!

'Sets the mood for a party'. Are you sure? Is that not a very shit party if you need a candle changing colour from one vile shade to another to set the mood for it?

Great advert though, you can feel the sincerity. I wonder if the voiceover man speaks like that all the time. Would love to see his wife bristle as he comes home with a new gadget to tell her all about. Maybe he lives with Barry Scott from the Cilit Bang advert, suspect they'd be an excellent love match.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! my mother got me one of these wretched things last year. You have to put the stupid thing away during the day (it was like owning some exotic nocturnal pet) and I accidentally left it out so it became just a candle (which had lost its er...mandle).

glamourarmour said...

If I'd known that your mum bought you a Mandle Candle I may have suggested alternative gifts for her birthday & wedding. Thinking of it, it's probably best I wasn't informed before now - it could have got quite ugly.

Any special gifts to report this year?

Anonymous said...

No, but I look forward to your suggestions for her birthday this summer.